Grace Notes: events, opportunities, announcements for 10-14-18
Outdoor Worship at Grace
Sunday, October 21, 2018
Worship Service—9:00 am
This will be a casual worship service. Some folding chairs will be available, but you are encouraged to bring your own lawn chair. Childcare will be available.
This is a great way for Grace to be seen in our community. We hope that locals will stop by and worship with us.
Sunday School classes and the 11 am worship service will take place in the building as usual on that day.
Grace UMC Annual Fall Festival
Saturday, October 27, 6-8 pm
Everyone is Invited!
The Grace Family Council will provide a main stage in the Grace parking lot for the Wilmington, kid-friendly band, The Broccoli Brothers. They dress as vegetables and sing rock songs with the lyrics changed to reflect positive habits for children.
This year, each game booth will feature different ministries of Grace and local non-profits that benefit families.
If you are a part of a specific ministry at Grace and want to participate, please contact Kelley Ahlers (Kelley@gracedowntown.net) or Melissa Cline (firstname.lastname@example.org) to coordinate a booth.
Trunk or Treat will be in the back parking lot. Grace members are needed to decorate their trunks. In case of
rain you will be assigned a door to decorate in the church. Trunks need to be set up by 5:30. There is a sign-up sheet on the Sign-Up Board in the Welcome Center.
The following items are needed.
- Individual bags of chips
- Small bottled water
- Assorted candy (some with peanut free selections)
- Plastic Halloween pumpkins
- Volunteers are needed at the Festival for the following:
- The Main Stage (sound assistance, security- just to keep kids off the stage)
- Parking Assistants for the trunk or treat and guest parking
- Welcome Crew (to circulate and share information about our church)
- Set-up (team to arrive at 3:00 to assist in set up)
- Break Down (team to make sure the church is set up to welcome everyone Sunday morning)
For more information on what’s happening at Grace, click the Grace Notes below!